International Peace Worker in Gjilan, Kosovo
KURVE Wustrow, together with the partner organisation Action for Nonviolence and Peacebuilding (ANP), is searching for an International Peace Worker in Gjilan, Kosovo for their CPS-program „Dealing with the Past and Peace Education in the Western Balkans".
Action for Nonviolence and Peacebuilding (ANP) is a civil society organisation working mainly from Gjilan/Gjilane and Prishtina, with the vision and ambition to contribute to sustainable peace in Kosovo and in the region. ANP as peace grass-roots organisation has implemented various projects in the fields of peacebuilding, peace education, dealing with the past and public policies. By promoting tolerance, peace and reconciliation through non-formal peace education and peacebuilding programs, ANP is focusing on the development of a culture of nonviolence and respecting and accepting the differences between diverse communities, aiming to make them change makers for peace and progress in the future.
Field of work:
As an integrated International Peace Worker you will support ANP in fostering the reconciliation process amongst those affected by the war, as well as supporting a public dialogue about dealing with the past by means of publications, exhibitions, etc.
- Planning, implementation, monitoring of and reporting on the CPS project together with the Local Peace Workers
- Supporting the ANP-team in preparing and implementing trainings/workshops on civil, nonviolent conflict transformation and dealing with the past.
- Supporting ANP in organising events and presentations, public relations and advocacy activities
- Integrating into the partner organisation’s team and, if required, contributing to processes regarding program and organisational development, while adjusting to the partner organisation’s working conditions.
- Budget planning and monitoring, ensuring a proper and adequate application of funds, regular communication with the CPS regional coordinator and KURVE Wustrow in Germany
- Developing ongoing conflict and security analysis related to the CPS work in cooperation with the regional coordinator and willingness to cooperation with other CPS workers in the Western Balkans
- Where necessary, contributing to public relation and networking activities of KURVE Wustrow in Germany
- University or similar degree in peace and conflict studies, political science, international relations, pedagogy or another relevant field
- Advanced training in the field of peacebuilding and civil conflict transformation (e.g. as a trainer for conflict transformation or mediator); experience in the field of reconciliation and dealing with the past is a strong asset
- Work experience within NGOs, preferably in international context or intercultural teams
- Sound knowledge in the field of civil, nonviolent conflict transformation, as well as experience with social movements
- Relevant working experience in project management (incl. administration of funds)
- Knowledge on project planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in Content-Management-Systems (CMS), Social Media and public relations
- Willingness to frequent work-related travels
- Very good team player with intercultural competences and communication skills, analytical and strategic thinking, ability for self-reflection, sense of responsibility, high flexibility and motivation
- Contextual knowledge about and working experience in Kosovo or other parts of former Yugoslavia is an asset
- Fluency in English and motivation to learn Albanian and/or Serbian; German language skills would be an asset.