Civil Peace Service (CPS) Advisor (m/f/d) for civil society organizations working on transformation of land conflicts in Karamoja
GIZ is looking for a Civil Peace Service (CPS) Advisor (m/f/d) for civil society organizations working on transformation of land conflicts in Karamoja.
The Civil Peace Service (CPS) of GIZ Uganda is focusing on the prevention and transformation of land conflicts in Teso and Karamoja since 2014, since 2020 the activities expanded also to Acholi. The core of the programme is the support to 14 interest groups, composed of approx. 150 civil society organizations - including women's organizations, academic institutions and faith-based organizations, representatives of local governments and traditional leaders as part of a wider Multi-Stakeholder-Process. The aim is to enable respective actors to coordinate their measures and interventions and to optimize the prevention and transformation of land conflicts, leading to improved land management structures and mechanisms as well as a better protection of land rights in the region.
- Advise the interest groups active in Karamoja in their planning, implementation and evaluation of conflict-sensitive interventions
- Advise the stakeholders in developing their network-structures and support the information flow and knowledge transfer within and between interest groups
- Support the interest groups in the development and implementation of awareness raising and lobbying activities, capacity building, on methods of non-violent conflict transformation, and in the preparation of information and training material
- Advise the interest groups in organisational development and fundraising
- Support the development and implementation of crosscutting strategies within the CPS programme
- University degree in peace and conflict studies or related fields
- Profound expertise in advisory services and experience in the accompaniment and support of networks or interest groups
- Competence in facilitating multi-stakeholder and dialogue processes
- Working experience in the field of conflict transformation and the development and application of its methods
- Experience in the use of participatory methods
- Driver’s license and several years of driving experience
- Knowledge and experience in the field of land rights in Africa, expertise in Mental Health and Psychosocial Support, background in adult education and work experience in rural areas are a distinct advantage
- Fluency in English