Civil Peace Service (CPS) Advisor (m/f/d) for conflict sensitive media work with focus on land conflicts in North-eastern Uganda
GIZ is searching for a Civil Peace Service (CPS) Advisor (m/f/d) for conflict sensitive media work with focus on land conflicts in North-eastern Uganda.
The Civil Peace Service (CPS) of GIZ Uganda is focusing on the prevention and transformation of land conflicts in Teso and Karamoja since 2014, since 2020 the activities expanded also to Acholi. The core of the programme is the support to 14 interest groups (IGs), composed of approx. 150 civil society organizations - including women's organizations, academic institutions and faith-based organizations, representatives of local governments and traditional leaders as part of a wider Multi-Stakeholder-Process. The aim is to enable respective actors to coordinate their measures and interventions and to optimize the prevention and transformation of land conflicts, leading to improved land management structures and mechanisms as well as a better protection of land rights in the region.
- Implement and monitor the media and communication strategy of the CPS programme Uganda (including online and social media) and coordinate the public relations work of the programme within Uganda and in Germany
- Coordinate needs assessment, capacity building and support of IGs to develop a media and communication strategy and support the implementing of media interventions (mainly local radio)
- Support CPS team and IGs in the process of digitalization and the use of digital communication tools
- Capacity building of Journalists relating to conflict sensitivity, conflict transformation and land conflicts and promotion of conflict-sensitive journalism on local, regional and national level
- Ensure high-quality reporting about activities from CPS GIZ and partner organisations
- University degree in communication, media, journalism
- Knowledge and experience in conflict-sensitive journalism/Peace journalism
- Expertise and experience with online media and digital communication tools as well as international working experience in conflict transformation and peacebuilding
- Profound expertise in consultancy and advisory as well as experience in the support of Multi-Stakeholder networks and interest groups
- Experience in the development of knowledge management structures
- Good training and moderation skills, experience in the use of participatory methods
- Knowledge and experience in the field of land rights in Africa, background in adult education, work experience in rural areas and experience in radio journalism in particular community radio are a distinct advantage
- Fluency in English, driver’s license and several years of driving experience