Coordinator PRIO Centre on Gender, Peace and Security
PRIO invites applications for a position as Coordinator of the PRIO Centre on Gender, Peace and Security (GPS). The GPS Centre serves as a resource hub for gender, peace and security research at the Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO). The Centre’s main activities include research, publishing, teaching and training. The Centre also provides policy advice through policy-oriented research and collaborates with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on a number of initiatives in support of the Women, Peace and Security Agenda.
The successful candidate will join a vibrant team of researchers and work closely with the Centre Director in the development, planning and management of Centre activities. In the contract period 2019-2020 the PRIO Centre will be involved in the organization of several high-profiled international events/conferences on Women, Peace and Security. This includes the annual meeting of the Nordic Women Mediators and the UN High-Level Seminars on Gender and Inclusive Mediation Processes.
- Help out with the daily running of the Centre;
- Manage the Centre’s webpage and Facebook and Twitter accounts;
- Plan and organize brown bags, conferences, workshops and seminars, meetings of researcher networks and the UN High-Level Seminar on Gender and Inclusive Mediation Processes;
- Serve as the PRIO Point of Contact for the Nordic Women Mediators Network (NWM);
- Represent the PRIO Centre at external meetings and take notes from such meetings;
- Edit the PRIO Gender, Peace and Security Update (electronic newsletter);
- Participate in the meetings and activities of the PRIO Gender Research group; and
- Perform other tasks as agreed with the Centre director.
- A Master’s degree in the social sciences or humanities, or other relevant fields (preferably on a topic relevant to the Centre
- Relevant work experience is preferable;
- ICT skills;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently as well being a team player;
- Fluency in Norwegian and English (written and oral);
- Excellent writing skills;
- Some previous experience with organizing events, seminars, etc. is an advantage.