International Peace Worker (Gjilan/Kosovo)
For their CPS-program „Dealing with the Past and Peace Education in the Western Balkans“ together with our partner organisation
Action for Nonviolence and Peacebuilding (ANP) KURVE Wustrow are looking for an International Peace Worker in Gjilan/Kosovo.
Action for Nonviolence and Peacebuilding (ANP) is a civil society organisation established in 2002 in Gjilan/Gjilane with the vision and ambition to contribute to sustainable peace in Kosovo and in the region. ANP as peace grass-roots organisation has implemented various
projects in the fields of peacebuilding, peace education, dealing with the past and public policies. By promoting tolerance, peace and reconciliation through non-formal peace education and peacebuilding programs, ANP is focusing on the development of a culture of
nonviolence and respecting and accepting the differences between diverse communities, aiming to make them change makers for peace and progress in the future.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Planning, implementation, monitoring of and reporting on the CPS project together with the Local Peace Workers
- Supporting the ANP-team in preparing and implementing trainings/workshops, as well as developing training material for local actors on civil, nonviolent conflict transformation and dealing with the past
- Supporting ANP in organising events and presentations, public relations and advocacy activities; etc.
- University or similar degree in peace and conflict studies, political science, international relations, pedagogy or another relevant field
- Advanced training in the field of peacebuilding and civil conflict transformation (e.g. as a trainer for conflict transformation or mediator); experience in the field of reconciliation and dealing with the past is a strong asset
- Work experience within NGOs, preferably in international context or intercultural teams
- Sound knowledge in the field of civil, nonviolent conflict transformation, as well as experience with social movements; etc.