Project Manager (f/m) (Kosovo)
Stellen - August 2018
Vacancy at Civil Peace Service (forumZFD). Closing date: 8 August 2018
ForumZFD is looking for a Project Manager to join its team in Prishtina, Kosovo starting on the 1st of September 2018.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and implement projects in cooperation with local and regional actors of civil society in the field of peace education that are also linked to the regional program goals (e.g. strengthening critical thinking and civic education, promoting non-segregation, and countering divisive ethnocentric practices and teachings)
- Establish and maintain contacts to relevant actors working on issues in the field of education (teachers, teachers’ associations, school administrations and the Ministry of Education, Research and Technology, academic researchers, students, activists of civil society organizations, etc.) and provide advice to these contacts on questions related to peace education; etc.
- Advanced university degree with a minimum of 3 years of work experience in the area of developing school curricula frameworks and teaching materials;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working with civil society actors in the area of formal and/or non-formal peace education (i.e. school mediation, strengthening critical thinking, civic education, promoting non-segregation, countering divisive ethnocentric practices and teachings in education);
- Proven advisory skills in the work with individuals, teams, civil-society initiatives and/or organisations (experience in working with public institutions would be advantageous);
- Further qualification for Civil Peace Service or comparable knowledge of methods for civil and non-violent conflict management and work on issues surrounding DwP;
- Proven deep understanding of the social, political, and historical contexts in Kosovo and the Western Balkan region; etc.