Project Manager (f/m) (Macedonia)
Stellen - August 2018
Vacancy at Civil Peace Service (forumZFD). Closing date: 8 August 2018
ForumZFD is looking for a Project Manager to join its team in Skopje, Macedonia starting on the 1st of September 2018.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Creatively develop and implement projects in Macedonia and the region in the fields of DwP/TJ, education for peace, rule of law, democratic culture and/or civic identity in accordance with the regional program strategy of forumZFD; the implementation of activities will happen in close cooperation with local and regional partners, as well as colleagues of forumZFD Macedonia and within forumZFD’s regional structure;
- Establish and maintain contacts and partnerships with local organizations, partners and stakeholders;
- Manage projects and activities related to the position (including planning, monitoring, steering, and finance controlling);
- Contribute to annual project planning and budget allocation;
- Report to Macedonia Program Manager.
- Advanced university degree in a relevant discipline such as social sciences, humanities, or other suitable fields;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working with civil society actors in at least 2 of these areas: Dealing with the Past, education for peace, rule of law and democratic culture, civic identity, peacebuilding and conflict transformation;
- Proven skills in at least 2 of these areas: networking and establishing platforms, developing advocacy and lobbying strategies, developing educational policies, implementing non-formal youth education, and advising individuals, civil-society initiatives and/or organisations, (experience in working with public institutions would be advantageous);
- Further qualification for Civil Peace Service or comparable knowledge of methods for civil and non-violent conflict management and work on issues surrounding DwP would be advantageous;
- Experience in overseeing complex processes of project management (project implementation, personnel responsibility/guidance, and finance controlling);
- Strong analytical abilities requiring skills of reflection, as well as strategic and conceptual thinking; etc.