Project Manager (m/f) Community Mobilizing in Jerusalem
Forum Civil Peace Service is looking for a Project Manager to join their dedicated team in Jerusalem starting 1 September 2018.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Project Manager will be supporting coalition building processes. The goal is to support local partner organisations in their efforts to overcome social cleavages and to build or support networks within their own society.
As a non-partisan specialist, he or she will use your expertise in grassroots and social work to engage partner organisations in participatory processes with an aim to form sustainable networks.
The independent organization of workshops and trainings also belong to the area of responsibility.
- Min. 3 years of professional experience as a social worker or an activity with relevant overlaps to the job advertised;
- Practical experience in working with volunteers and non-formalized organisations (on grassroots level);
- Experience in independent planning, initiation and implementation of co-operation projects with NGOs;
- Strong social competence, capacity for teamwork and ability to integrate quickly into daily project routine ; strong ability to think strategically and conceptually;
- Physical and psychological stability and intercultural sensitivity to work and live in a complex society;
- Fluent English (project language) spoken and written is expected, Arabic and/or Hebrew are an asset;
- Driving license and experience;
- EU citizenship is required for this position.