International conference “The Triple Nexus in Practice – What about Peace?”
The Centre for Humanitarian Action (CHA) invites to the conference titled The Triple Nexus in Practice – What about Peace? taking place on- and offline in Berlin on 26-27 October 2020. The conference involves a wide range of experts focusing on the peace pillar of the Humanitarian-Development-Peace Nexus, also known as the Triple Nexus.
With the conference, CHA tackles the widespread confusion about what the Triple Nexus means in practice and in particular its peace pillar, while it aims to bridge the often siloed communities of humanitarians, development cooperation and peace practitioners and experts.
Among the confirmed speakers are:
- Dr Marina Caparini, Senior Researcher & Programme Director, Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI)
- Marc DuBois, Consultant, Senior Fellow at School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), ex-Director MSF-UK
- Dr Bärbel Kofler, Commissioner for Human Rights Policy and Humanitarian Assistance, German Parliament
- Dr Leben Moro, Board Member at the Sudd Institute South Sudan
- Dr Oliver Müller, Head of Caritas international (Ci)
- Karsten Noko, Field Coordinator, Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) South Sudan
- Dr Wale Osofisan, Senior Director Governance Technical Unit, International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Filipa Schmitz Guinote, Policy Adviser, International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Martina Zapf, Senior Manager, Interpeace Advisory Team (IPAT)
The preliminary agenda of the conference can be found here.